Artisanti Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was published on 18th May 2018.
At Artisanti we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer fulfilment activities. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Who are we?
Artisanti sells home furnishings and accessories via it own online stores and those of our affiliates. Our company’s headquarters are located in Reading, UK. Artisanti Ltd is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at: email@example.com
When do we collect personal data about you?
• When you place an order with us.
• When you subscribe to our communications or enter an online competition.
• When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
• When you place orders on our affiliate marketplaces. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others for the fulfilment of your orders.
• We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Artisanti.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data to fulfil orders, for direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information to:
• Send you marketing communications which may include information about our products and services, events and activities. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
• Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
• Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
• Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on one of our websites.
• Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
• Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoices, reminders, and similar.
• Notify you about any disruptions to our services.
• Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent will be done by using online forms that will store information related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Artisanti and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, address, phone number and email addresses. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as phone calls, documents, and emails.
From our websites we may collect IP-address and record actions taken on the site.
Transaction Data, which may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
Technical Data, which may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
We use analytics providers such as Google, who are based outside the EU, for the purpose of aggregating general usage patterns of our website.
Profile Data, which may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
Usage Data, which may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
If you apply for a job at Artisanti, we collect the data you provide during the application process.
Artisanti does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data that Artisanti holds about you.
• The right to request that Artisanti corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
• The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Artisanti to retain such data.
• The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications: If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communications. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Artisanti, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your activities.
• The right to request that Artisanti provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
• The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We use website cookies to collect information as you navigate the our websites. This includes standard information from your web browser, such as browser type and browser language; your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; and the actions you take on the company’s websites, such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked.
This information is used to make our websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies do not personally identify you.
We use Google Anayyics to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information is used to compile reports that let us improve the site. The information is collected in any anonymous form, including the number of visits to this site, how you arrived at the site, and which pages you visited.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information on to our distributors, delivery agents, payment processors, sub-contractors and other associated organisations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
If you have consented to receive ongoing marketing communications from us, your data may be processed by third party email marketing applications from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
After you have placed an order with us, we may pass your information to 'Trustpilot', our review partner, who may contact you to review your shopping experience with us.
If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Use of sub-contractors (processors and sub-processors)
If the sub-contractor processes Personal Data outside the EU/EEA area, such processing must be in accordance with the EU Privacy Shield Framework, EU Standard Contractual Clauses for transfer to third countries, or another specifically stated lawful basis for the transfer of personal data to a third country.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Artisanti reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact email@example.com If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision.
The supervisory authority can be contacted at: - Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ico.org.uk